Monday, January 11, 2010

Computer Glitch

Well...as I start this blog we have the most expensive week ever. The hinge of our computer is broken and we were told our waranty covers the cost of fixing it. Turns out that isn't true and we may have to pay over $300 to fix it. We are probably just going to let it ride and then buy a new computer. I have learned my lesson that buying the extended waranty doen't do anything for you. It only covers the things that never break.

So onto the fun stuff! I planned a great menu for the week and shopped accordingly.
Monday: Chickpea curry with brown rice and Naan
This recipe is from Everyday Food. I have brown rice in the freezer and purchased the Naan as a treat to go with our meal. I also had to purchase the chickpeas, curry powder, and cilantro. The other ingredients I had on hand. (garlic, onion, cinamon, & cloves) I also added some zuchini because I had it. I made this ahead of time since I work on Monday night. Hopefully it will heat well and please the family.
Here is the cost breakdown: chickpeas on sale 99 cents per can (I bought organic because they were the best buy in the store), curry powder $3.49 for a small container (have to use again soon), bunch of cilantro 50 cents at the produce store I go to. Two large pieces of Naan, $2.99. I thought this Naan was pricey but hopefully it will be good so I don't feel like I wasted my money. All the other ingredients I already had in my fridge/pantry.

Stay tuned for a review of this meal....coming this week...my other meat free dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment