Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Black Bean Patties...YUM!

Tonight for dinner I am making Black Bean and rice patties from the new issue of Everyday Food. Although the chickpea curry from this issue was a flop, most of the recipes I make from this magazine are great.

I bought two cans of black beans at Aldi for $1 a piece. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of brown rice. I made too much brown rice a few weeks ago and froze it in small portions. I never new you could freeze cooked rice but I have defrosted two bags so far and they taste perfect. I'm going to do this from now on because I like the brown rice that takes 40 minutes to cook and frankly I don't have the time for that on a daily basis. I also purchased green onions from the produce store. They were 79 cents a bunch. So you basically blend 1 can of beans in the food processor with cumin and 3 green onions. Then you mix the rice and other can of beans in and form into patties. I made them ahead and will bake them in the oven at dinner time. You also serve with a cilantro yogurt sauce. I used Oikos greek yogurt and grated in some lime zest, squeezed in some lime juice and added leftover cilantro from earlier in the week! Hopefully it will be yummy! Stay tuned for a review!

No comments:

Post a Comment